Sunday 1 April 2012

Review of Estee Lauder’s Day Wear BB

We have all gone BB Cream crazy recently. In the UK, there's recent launch of the Garnier BB Cream, and even non-drug-store brand Estee Lauder has brought one out! Latest in Beauty was offering a small tube for the price of £1.50, so I snapped it up and just tried it when I went out last night.

(Aside: BB Cream has been all over in Asia for at least 2 years now, but their BB cream has a very different formula, texture, and tint to it. Their BB cream tends to be much thicker, much paler - almost greyish if too much is used, and has very high SPF. Some of the most well known ones are from Etude House, Skin79, Missha. I have a few of these and quite enjoy one from Missha. They are just like foundation to me, but claim to have nourishing and repaiting properties to the skin. Let me know if you are interested to find out more. =)



Firstly, Estee Lauder's BB Cream smells absolutely divine! It smells like watermelon and sweets, light and refreshing, not sickening sweet or fragrant. I absolutely adore it. Second, the colour tone is perfect for me. I chose "Light" and it suits my skin tone very well. Lastly, it's super moisturising. My skin has been suffering from dryness for a while as a result of the lack of sleep. When I use Bare Mineral's foundation (when I am short of time), I notice that my skin looks dry and flakey in the afternoon. With Estee Lauder's BB Cream, my skin looks hydrated and plump. Overall, I absolutely love it for the weekends but may need more coverage for going into work during the week. I'll see how I feel when I finish the sample and may just get tempted.... =) Until next time. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment